Friday, February 12, 2016

All Things Bright and Beautiful

It seems like every time I sit down to write my blog one lonely ant comes crawling out of my tiny keyboard. "How can this be?" I ask myself. I wonder if the ant is trying to tell me something? And where does he or she live when not crawling out of my keyboard?
I feel guilty smashing the little critter, but I do anyway. Curious, because I always catch spiders in a glass jar and move them outside, intact. Why don't I extend the same generosity to ants? Maybe the creature is trying to tell me that my words are trivia. Or worse, offensive. Several readers have contacted me to say they were offended by last week's blog. I am well aware I am a freak for not liking football. But something impels me to be honest in my writing.  So, freak or not, I stand by it.
But I did not mean to offend anyone. Yikes!
This past week I find myself missing Lee more than usual. She has been deceased more than eight years. but our hearts are still joined, and sometimes I just long for her tender smile.
So here's a picture of her in happier times, visiting Harrison Hot Springs on Canada's 4th
of July.
This week my more than soiled Malibu got its body shined. Now I can add it to the category of bright and beautiful as well. I haven't figured out how to do purchase the same makeover in this old bod.

In the catastrophic event  that Trump wins the election, I'm heading for my maternal roots in Canada, though not Moosejaw.  I think they will take me, though there may be a long waiting line.

No comments: