Saturday, May 12, 2012

Not Kansas, but my schedule this last week has been a whirlwind. Last week it warmed up and as if waiting, my roses and iris exploded. The new baby pears on my pear tree are two inches long already. My funny and energetic friend Nancy from Denver was here for five days.  We managed to avoid much cooking by eating out (Chinese, Thai, Japanese and Mediteranean to mention a few.) We also shopped for new sheets and towels and summer clothes because I couldn't remember where I put mine. We even perused a Mexican market.  If you know me you know I have a low tolerance for shopping so this is a miracle. One beautiful day we even took the ferry to the city.  Another day we drove to Santa Rosa to visit old friends who had moved there. I bid Nancy a warm thanks and sad goodbye yesterday before coming home to water and weed.  This morning my good friend Jan J picked me up and we made the two hour jaunt to Penryn above Sacramento to attend the Loomis art loop, an annual Mother's Day weekend event. Visiting Sandy Delehanty in her lovely home and seeing her paintings is such a high for me.  It happened to be 98 outside.  How delightful to get home and see the fog meandering in through the Golden Gate.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm sure you have lots of lovely iris photos to inspire you!