Thursday, May 20, 2010

Decision Made!



 A problem is a decision not yet made, as the saying goes.  So, after countless test “sits” in new and used cars to find the best fit for my old back, I decided on a new Chevie Malibu sedan.  The back seat is for Kodi, of course. 

In the end it was the color that swayed me (remember I’m still grieving over my lost lavender Camry).  The color of the new addition is called diamond white, but it looks like a shimmering abalone shell.  I call her “Pearlie”. 

Debbie, my dog walker, on seeing the new car in the driveway, announced: “Bonnie, I saw your new car….It’s HOT!” I’m not quite sure how to take that.  Does it mean the younger world approves of my wild investment? Or does it mean I’m acting like a ridiculous old hag in her second childhood?  Hmm….

Am I passionate about it?  Well, not yet, for I’m still struggling with all the bells and whistles.  I hope this will come. The odometer showed 148 miles as I returned from Sunnyvale at 3pm today, nerves slightly jangling.  I don’t think I breathed deeply the whole way.  . 

 Needing groceries, I switched to the old pickup for my trek to Safeway.  I don’t want anyone backing into me the first week, anyway!  Maybe I’m not quite ready for a new identity.

More likely, I’ll be a split personality until the new car smell wears off. 

  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnie - sorry to hear about the Camry - I know you loved that car. The new car looks great - I have heard a lot of good things about the Malibu. Love - Jordan